Yell Yippee for the 5 senses that make me!

This past week the theme was, 
"Yell Yippee for the senses that make me!"

We read the book the "Holes in your nose". 


Then everyone went to the sensory table to discover which smells were lemon, lavender, or peppermint. 




They cut out their own pictures and glued them on the scented cotton ball. 

 ****
Then during art time everyone made 
"My First Touch and Smell Book."




For this week of My 5 Senses, I knew we needed to make the classic touch book. I still have the one I made when I was in Preschool! I bought Mr. Sketch smelly markers for the adventurers to draw smelly pictures in their book.




The textures we used were soft cotton balls, the rough inside layer of cardboard, soft feathers, silky cloth, poky pipe cleaners, squishy bubble wrap, and course sandpaper. 




Everyone would draw and smell, smell and draw...luckily I think only one person put the blueberry smelling Mr.Sketch marker in their mouth.




We talked about the smells of each marker...but couldn't make a unified vote if the red was cherry or watermelon.
  ****

 Then for snack we used our 5 senses as we enjoyed popcorn and drank lemonade.
_________________________________________________

On Thursday we read, "ABC I like me." and I traced the outline of each child so they could create their individual murals. 

****
Then it was time for the sensory tub~ this sensory tub had an added element....the smell of soup!

We used a 5 pound food storage container of 
dry soup blend:
green lentils, brown lentils, mini alphabet letters, rice, dry onion pieces and seasonings.

At first the smell of onions was a little overwhelming!


The treasures to find were:
acorn tops
acorn nuts
plastic acorns: orange, yellow, auburn
glitter foam leaves: red, orange, yellow, and gray





The adventurers enjoyed sorting everything out! 


Mr. E decided that he needed to be a little closer!


****
For the art project we used the same texture tray of items to put paint on the letter Y.



It seemed the everyone liked using the cardboard the best.




The finished project!

****
Since Thursday, September 23rd was the first day of Fall we gathered leaves to put on a crown to Celebrate!




Happy Fall!
We had a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment